Friday, May 9, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Grateful

Today is the day of Lisa Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday link up.  If you have never done this, it might be enjoyable to try it sometime. We set a timer and write for 5 minutes on the given topic. You can find out all about it  HERE.  The topic for this week is the word "grateful."  

GO:

When I think of the word "grateful" I automatically think of being thankful for something or someone, but when I looked up the word in a dictionary I found that it can also mean pleasing. For instance, if you were working outside in the heat and someone brought you a cool glass of lemonade, you could say it was a grateful drink.  I don't really think that definition is used nearly as much as the other one.  

This past week has been a good one for my husband and me.  We have had the house to ourselves and have been able to work together with the animals, discuss things on our minds and generally have a good time together.  Today we went to purchase some new little chickens which will bring us eggs in a few months when they get older.  I am grateful for fresh eggs.

We also bought some fresh strawberries and I am grateful for the refreshing taste they bring to me.



And now my 5 minutes are up, but I have a little bit more to say.   I am grateful for my family and friends and for my home. I could go on and on.  When I stop to think about it I realize that I am very blessed and I am grateful to God for all that He has given me.

One other thing we purchased today was this beautiful hanging pot of petunias. I am grateful for beautiful flowers. They really dress up the front porch, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!