Monday, March 31, 2014

Playing With Shadows

This post is a milestone for me because it marks my fiftieth. So I thought I'd celebrate by having a little fun.

Last week during our Reframing Collective we focused on observing shadows, more specifically our own shadows. It was suggested that we take a picture and write out a conversation with our shadow. While I didn't exactly do that I did have fun observing different things about my shadows taken at different times some inside and some outside. I thought it would be fun to share some of it here and encourage you to have some fun with your shadows.

Here I am working on a zentangle page for my art journal.
My shadow looks like she wants to help.
She must be really excited. Look how she is shaking.
Wow! Looks like she figured it out.
Finally she gets the pen to the paper.
         




I hope you enjoyed my little fun. Sometimes it's really relaxing to just do something different.
And to finish off here are a few more shadow pictures that I took this past week.

My son says it looks like I have a long dress on.
Here it looks like I'm on stilts.

Here I was leaning against the porch railing.
I thought it would be fun to see what my hand would look like.

So if you decide to have some fun with your camera and your shadows, come back and leave a comment. I'd love to know what you come up with.  Have fun!  

In case you are interested here is the finished art journal page.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!