Thursday, January 23, 2014

Art Found Poem

A while back Jamie put a Found poem on her blog that she created from words taken from the titles of her previous blog posts.  I thought that sounded like a fun idea so I wrote down all my blog post titles to see what I could come up with.  Well, I didn't get very far and every time I tried nothing seemed to come together.  So I just put it aside for awhile.

This afternoon I was working on an art journal page where I had used a photo as a springboard for trying to draw with pastels.  The picture was actually taken from my front porch. When I finished I thought it would be nice to put a poem on it.  Then I remembered that I still had all those blog titles to choose from to make a found poem, so I decided to try again and it seemed to come together.  This is the finished page.



I am involved in a virtual retreat for Story Sessions this week. What is interesting is that our first prompt for the write in this afternoon was the question:  "What piece of writing have you been avoiding?" While this is certainly not a big piece of writing, or something that has been on my mind for a long time, it is something I have been putting off, because I thought it just couldn't be done.  I wanted it to come from my heart, and I believe that has been accomplished.

Thanks for reading!  You are welcome to comment if you like.









5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that! So beautiful. Especially the sunset. I love our artistic family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! Thank you also for encouraging found poetry and art journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh. That's amazing! The blog titles were just waiting for you to make them a home. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!