Friday, November 15, 2013

TREE

It's time for  Five Minute Friday again and the word prompt for today is TREE. If you'd like to join in you can find out all about it HERE.     Every week many people join us to write for five minutes without worrying about editing or getting it perfect.  We just write what comes to mind and stop when the five minutes are up.

GO:

When I think of a tree many words come to mind like strong, stately, reaching to the sky, digging deep and wide with roots.  It seems like trees have always been a part of my life. In most of the places I have lived I have been surrounded by trees.  

 I remember a very large pine tree in our backyard in Florida, where I grew up.  It was at the very back of the yard and we had a swing set under it.  I loved to go out and swing and sometimes would just cover my bare feet with the dirt and I came down each time to slow a little.  One time I think we tried to see how dirty we could get our feet.  I'm sure my mom wasn't too pleased.   

When I married and we moved to NH a year later we had a very small 3/4 acre yard.  Well, it was small compared to all those around us, but I remember counting over 70 white birch trees on our property. I thought they were so cool, because we didn't have them where I grew up.   And in the fall our front yard was covered with the most vivid colors of  red and yellow that I had ever seen.  It was truly beautiful.

STOP

Time is up, but I must make a correction.  When we moved to NH we first rented a duplex for a few months before we moved into the house where I counted the birch trees.

2 comments:

  1. Trees have been a part of your life. I love the little correction you made on the bottom. You are an honest writer, writing the truth. Your image of swinging with your bare feet in the dirt was very vivid. I felt like I was swinging next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pamela! I appreciate your input :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!