Friday, October 4, 2013

My First Time Joining Five Minute Friday

Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker's   FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

Five Minute Friday: Write

START:

I guess I really have been a writer for most of my life although I never thought of myself as such.  I do remember not having much trouble writing essay answers to tests.  Those were my favorite type of questions because I could think of plenty to say.   Maybe it's because I enjoy talking.  When I was a child most of the adults in my life told me I talked too much and asked too many questions, but my parents were always ready to listen and answer.

When I was 10 years old I even wrote a little song about loving Jesus. I even put the notes on some music paper so I could play it on the piano.    Here is how it went if I can remember correctly  : 

            " Oh, we should love Jesus, We should love Jesus!  Why? Because He first loved us."

Then at age 11 my friend and I started writing a story together about some kid going into space or something like that.  We had a spiral bound notebook and would take turns taking it home and adding more to the story. It was great fun!  I don't even remember my friend's name or whatever happened to the story.

And ever since we started homeschooling over 20 years ago I have kept journals, not always faithfully every day, sometimes months would go by but I still keep at it and much as I can.   Now, because of my daughter encouraging me I have actually written a guest post for her blog which will be published next week, started a blog of my own JUST TODAY!  And now I'm participating in Five Minute Friday for the first time!  It's great!

STOP

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I am all ready and rapt to hear about your childhood. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Gayle!!! So glad you're writing. Welcome to FMF and to the blogging world! I'm stopping by from FMF, your neighbour, actually.

    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Adeline. This is all new to me but I'm slowly learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping by from FMF! Keep writing Gayle... let your words echo in the hearts of your readers! Praying for anointing as you use this blog as a platform for God's love to touch every random person who stumbles upon your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Free writes have yielded some good stuff for me along the way Gayl. Definitely keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Claire. I will try to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!