Friday, October 11, 2013

ORDINARY

Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker's 5 MINUTE FRIDAY


GO:

What exactly is "ordinary"?  Is it the everyday things we take for granted?  Is it how we view ourselves and our world?  I suppose everyone has a different idea of what it means.   I live on a hill and have a beautiful view from my front porch, but most days I don't even notice it.  Does that mean it is ordinary? I go through my tasks every day. Is that ordinary?

You know what I think?  The ordinary can become extraordinary if we just take time to stop and really look at what we see around us, to really notice things and realize the beauty in it all.  God has given us so much - air to breathe, beauty in nature, friends, family and yet we so often take it all for granted.

Let's take time today to just enjoy being alive!  Let's take time to smile at someone!  Let's take time to get down on our knees and thank God that we are not ordinary and we don't live in an ordinary world.

God created us in His image.  That is not ordinary.  God created the whole world.  That is not ordinary.

And now my time is up.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gayle, loved your post. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. It is never ordinary. It is the most exciting life with God. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Gloria! Yes, life with God is very exciting!

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments!